Friday 22 June 2012

Beyond Silence

As the early rising sun silently whisked away the last trace of darkness, it crept through the windows and illuminated my room. Having had woken up at the crack of dawn and in an attempt to not wake up the rest, I tiptoed to fetch a movie title and play it. I have been a movie buff and had an innate interest to try new genres of film.

This movie when I picked off the rack seemed beyond interesting and it totally turned out be a complete entertainer. ‘’ Jenseits der Stille” ( Beyond silence ), a German movie packed with emotions and drama. Inexplicably, I would term it one of the best foreign films I’ve watched.

Beyond Silence impressed me in the way the story unfurled and the depiction of unified Germany’s cultural symbolism, the thematic depth pertaining to communication difficulties people face, the filial feelings and the unparalleled interests of the protagonist. The movie didn’t overtly stress on the intellectual issues but tried impressing the viewer’s emotional side. For that matter, I was totally blown away by the movie’s plot that I felt as animated that I could involve myself with the characters. I would rate it as a fast paced movie with traces of melodrama but a really a meaningful plot.

The cast did a perfect job of bringing out the true essence of the plot. The whole movie revolves around a girl’s divided world where she finds herself as the ears and mouth of her deaf-mute parents. A devoted daughter who balances between her family and also her interest to become a Clarinet player was well portrayed in the movie. The movie never loses insight of the complex human relationships and it ended on a perfect note.

My only lament would be that I couldn’t watch “Beyond Silence “in absolute silence owing to the morning hustles of the workaholic dad and diligent mom following their routine schedule like any other weekday.

One could construe my smile at the end of the movie as deeming it as a beautiful movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment