Wednesday 4 July 2012

Mein Engel

I knew that the next day I wake up to, I would be taking part in the "Poetry Slam" competition.
But I was unprepared for it. Nothing around inspired me to write one until I was in the party.
The very idea of this poem struck me halfway while I was partying! Since it was the first time I was writing a poem in German, I had a friend to help me out.


Mein Engel 


Gestern war der schönsten Tag meines Lebens

Mein erste Party war einfach Klasse!

Gestern hab ich das Mädchen meiner Träume kennen gelernt

Ich muss ihnen aber alles erzählen, weil mein Herz vor liebe besoffen ist!

Sie stand vor dem Eingang und sah wie ein Engel aus!

und sofort fühlte ich mich komisch als ob ich eine Herz infarkt hätte

Lange Haare wie ein Fluß und blaue Augen wie der tiefste Meer der Welt

Ich habe mich sofort an Sie verloren

Es ist schon achtzehn stunden, seit dem ich Sie gesehen habe,

aber ich fühle mich als ob schon ein Jahr vergangen ist

Ich warte immer noch auf sie, mein Engel!



I was so happy to have not only penned one in German but also to have won the third prize in the competition.


For my English readers,

My Angel

Yesterday was the happiest day of my life
My first party was just great!
As I got to know the girl of my dreams
I have to tell her everything, because my heart was drunk in love!
She stood at the entrance and looked like an angel!
and I immediately felt weird as if I had a heart infarction
Long hair
like a river and blue eyes like the deepest ocean in the world
I immediately lost to her
It is eighteen hours, since I saw her
But I feel as though a year has passed
I'm still waiting for her, my angel!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. gute Arbeit geleistet. Ich woud gern mehr von Ihren Schriften in euren Blogs zu sehen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realised you'd written an english version of this poem! :P
    Loved it!
    So who is she?? :O :O
    (Is it who I think it is? ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who?
    C'mon!

    ReplyDelete